Just for you

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Below 190!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited yesterday when I weighed-in at Weight Watchers.  I finally got below 190--189.4 pounds. Yesterday marked the beginning of week  8 for me.  6 of those 8 weeks I have lost weight.  Total weight loss is 17.8 pounds--nearly 3 pounds a week.  It's like a dream in a lot of ways.  Finally losing weight.  People noticing that I am losing weight.  Clothes that were too snug now starting to hang too lose.  Loosing inches and pounds. Resisting the urge to go buy new clothes for fear that I will just gain the weight back.

My husband tells me that I look thinner but I just don't "feel" it yet--emotionally, mentally I still think and act "fat". I am slowly learning to change that thinking but it is not easy.  I see differences--lost inches and pounds, clothes that hang loosely on my body, thinner face--but don't feel them yet.  I do physically feel better--I find that the mental and emotional hurdles are a lot bigger challenges than the physical ones are.

Sometimes I find myself wondering if I will ever be able to get rid of the negative stuff associated with being overweight--but I know that I must overcome it in order to reach my goal.

1 comment:

  1. You have made real progress dispite all the problems you have had. Be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete