Just for you

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Can It Get Any Tougher???

Boy have I had better days (and worse ones too)!

Friday brought quite an avalanche of emotions down on me.

Weight Watchers weigh-in day.  It has not been a good week--weight is up 1.8 pounds.  Okay--I can manage this.  After all, I am going to the doctor today to hopefully get this stupid boot off of my foot--right??  Then I can start walking again and burn more calories.  Right??

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!  Guess what???  Now, I am on crutches (turns out I should have been on crutches from the beginning and not using my foot at all--smile and don't say anything negative about the first doc who saw you).  What was thought to be a minor two week inconvenience is now an additional 3 week long major interruption.  I cannot work for three weeks and before I can go back to work, I have to see the doctor at the end of three weeks and see if he will release me to go back to work.  I am limited to two hours a day up on my feet.  Walking boot and crutches at all times (shower excepted).

Turns out that I would have been better off if I had simply broken the foot--breaks heal relatively quickly. Ligaments, on the other hand, do not heal so quickly.  YAY me (sarcasm intended).

So now what do I do??  I am injured, on crutches, unable to work out and not losing weight because I can't workout.  AARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now home all day every day for the next 3 weeks with a lot of food and nothing to do.  This could be a recipe for disaster.  They say idle hands are the devil's workshop but I don't think that whomever coined that phrase was on Weight Watchers and restricted to crutches.  My hands aren't the problem, my head and mouth are the problem.

I have got to figure out how to "get my head in the game".  I am not in a good place mentally or emotionally right now and for me, that leads to eating problems.  I don't want to undo all of my hard work from the past 5 weeks but my head tells me I deserve a snack because I am in pain (you know what I'm talking about here).  Gotta stop listening to my head--easier said than done.

Hang on folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment