Just for you

Thursday, March 17, 2011

This is Not Fun

So, I have been down with a cold since Monday and today is the first day that I have felt semi-human.  My husband came home from work last Friday feeling cruddy and he obviously passed it on to me--gee thanks honey.  Sleeping on the couch is getting old.  I am hoping that both my hubby and I feel well enough to sleep in the same room tonight.

On the bright side though, is the fact that I have actually been losing weight this week.  I don't even know why.  It is encouraging.  I am hoping to see a 15 pound loss tomorrow at Weight Watchers.  I would be so happy.

Tomorrow is one week since the doctor put me on crutches.  I am acutely aware of what life with a physical challenge is like.  Everything is affected--grocery shopping, driving, parking lots, "walking".  I am learning how to use the electric carts at the store (boy do I get some looks too--looks like "why the heck are YOU using THAT").  It is interesting to say the least.  I must say that I have a better understanding of the difficulties faced everyday by people with long-term or lifetime challenges.  It sucks.  I am amazed at the lack of awareness in some stores.  Displays placed so close together that it is nearly impossible for a person in an electric cart to get close to displays to look at clothing or shoes or just about anything.  It's sad really.

Here's to hoping that I reach my 15 lb milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment