Just for you

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Unbelievable!!!

Weight Watchers weigh-in day Friday brought a very pleasant surprise--I lost 5.2 pounds for a total of 16 pounds since January 28th.  I was pretty giddy about that one.

It was not an easy week with being sick.  16 pounds puts me just 4 pounds away from losing 10% of my weight.
That is exciting.

I wish I could tell you why I lost 5 pounds in one week.  It wasn't that I was super good, that's for sure.  My hubby's birthday was the 16th and I splurged on cake for that day.  Tuesday I went out to lunch with a friend and while I didn't go crazy, I did eat more than I had planned on eating.

I am taking a couple of different supplements that I read about in Woman's World magazine--cinnamon,
L-carnitine and acai.  The cinnamon works to stabilize blood sugars and the l-carnitine and acai help curb hunger.Other than the supplements,  the only other thing I did consistently was to drink LOTS of water every day.  I have a water bottle that holds 3 cups of water--I fill it 4-5 times a day.  Water is great for flushing your system but it also helps to fill you up.  Drinking water before meals helps you to eat less.

I ate chinese food last night and still managed to lose a half a pound.  Go figure!

Now that I can see 190 pounds looming in the not too distant future, I am really motivated even more.  When I look back at December 2010 when I hit my all time high of 215 pounds, I can see that I am healthier now.  I feel better and am learning to like who I see in the mirror.  My clothes are much looser and my jeans barely stay up now.  I am putting off buying clothes until I get down to probably 170.  I hate the thought of buying new clothes only to shrink out of them.  What a waste of money.  I probably will buy jeans though because I live in my jeans and the ones I am wearing now practically fall off.

Here's to 190 coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment