Just for you

Friday, April 8, 2011

So Close

Weight Watchers Weigh-in day--lost 0.8 pounds.  I am now at 188 pounds--one pound away from my 10% loss goal.  I thought that I would be satisfied just maintaining while my foot is injured, but I find myself becoming more and more frustrated.  I want to be able to walk normally again.  I want to get back to being productive.  I want to get back to work.

I am having a lot of difficulty wanting to eat the right foods because boredom drives me to eat.  The things I would normally to do combat boredom--go for a walk, clean house, be active--I cannot do.  I have really struggled with having a bad attitude and have been pretty crabby lately.

I feel so useless and it is driving me crazy.

I need to figure out two things:

1--what can I do to combat boredom that doesn't involve food or physical activity?

2--what can I do to push my body into losing weight again?

We'll see if I figure those out this next week.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. please be realistic about an injury. It's an injury.

    You're supposed to rest and recover. You will not be able to do the things you can typically do when you're not injured.

    I injured my shoulder in January of 2009. I was in pain for months. Wasn't able to work out for months. Couldn't do a decent pushup for over a year, when I was used to doing over 200 pushups.

    In fact, my upper body was lopsided for about two years, which was frustrating. I'm finally just now starting to get back to my normal state.
    Over two years later.

    But I knew that recovery from an injury is a long process and if we try to push ourselves before we're ready, we make it even longer.

    I totally feel your frustration, but for what it's worth, I want you to know that you're doing the right thing by easing off while you heal. If you really want to move your body, you can do a lot of stuff in a chair.

    But as long as you're on the injured list, recovering from your injury should be your number one priority.

    ReplyDelete