Just for you

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where Did Last Week Go??

In all of the hubbub of last week, I never made it over here to update things.  Holidays are always so busy.

Last Friday at Weight Watchers, I gained 0.6 pounds (PMS sucks) but all things considered, not too bad.

I started physical therapy last week--talk about hard work.  I have lost a lot of strength in my right foot and we are working on helping me to regain strength and mobility.  Lot's of exercises for not only my foot, but my legs and my core and my shoulders.  When you walk with crutches for almost 2 months, everything heads south.  This is gonna be hard work, but it's good hard work because it will help me get back to work at the hospital.

One of the exercises I  have to do involves picking up marbles with my toes and depositing them into a bowl.  Well, my cats think that these marbles are new toys for them and unless I hide the marbles, they are attempting to roll them everywhere.  Pretty funny.

It feels good to be able to do something more proactive in my recovery process.  I am looking forward to showing my physical therapist next week how well I have done on improving strength and  range of motion with the exercises she has given me.

Time to go make dinner.

See you Friday!

2 comments:

  1. U GO GIRL! YOU'RE DOING GREAT CONSIDERING THE INJURY. MOST WOULD HAVE USED THAT AS AN EXCUSE BUT NOT U!!! =] TRACY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you! Kim Komando :)

    ReplyDelete