Just for you

Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 4 Already??!!

Four weeks ago I set up this blog (although I don't think anyone reads it).  I am now 10.8 pounds thinner and have 66.2 pounds to go.  I now am beginning to feel that I can really do this.  The first couple of weeks were HARD but it is getting better.  I still crave sweets and am learning to not listen to those cravings.  The Weight Watchers meetings have been great.  I finally settled on the Friday morning group that meets at 10 am.  That way I can get up, work out and go to my meeting.

I have begun exercising more consistently and boy does my butt hurt.  Three days this week I went walking.  I logged almost 6 miles so far--quite an accomplishment for this mom.

I am looking at possibly training to jog a 5K in the fall.  I should have about 50 pounds off by then.  Just gotta find the right race.

I don't think I look all that different yet.  People probably won't notice until I have lost 25 pounds--that's a while off, but I'm not doing this for them, I'm doing it for me and for my family.

My hubby and I are going out for dinner tonight--part of me wants to just go crazy, but then I would feel terrible.  I will be good and tomorrow I will go on a longer walk.

So far, so good.  Thanks Kim Komando for the jump start!!

3 comments:

  1. Vanessa - you are an encouragement! I need to get more serious about losing weight also. Watching your progress makes me want to get up and follow along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know what kind of diet that you are following but it would be great to hear about some of the kinds of foods that you are eating. New recipes would be fun to try myself. I know what you mean when you say you like sweet, for me it is ice cream, so I heard about how to make a ice cream sandwich that is low in sugar and fat. You take low fat whip cream and graham crackers and saran wrap and lay it flat,then a graham cracker then a scoop of whip cream then a graham cracker and wrap it up in the saran wrap and put it in the freezer until hard, finally you eat it and this will help to curve the crave. keep up the good work Stuart Kinzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your progress is really good. Are you feeling better, more energy?

    ReplyDelete